Monday, September 15, 2014

Time just keeps flying by!

Hey everybody!

This week went by super fast! We didn't have a ton of lessons but Elder Fraser and I set out to go find some new people to teach so we would park the car at the church and walk for most of the day. It's helped us to talk with everyone and to get to know the area better as well. The Lord did bless us with a couple of new investigators, a high schooler and an elderly lady. We hope that we will have success with them as we teach them the gospel and invite them to act on the knowledge that they receive.

This past weekend was very full of surprises. The companionship of sisters that are in Chelan texted me and asked if I would be able to do a baptismal interview before Sunday (its Thursday at that time) for someone they were teaching. It turned out to be the investigator whose husband was being difficult in letting her be baptized. Long story short, he gave her permission so I did the interview on Saturday. I also needed to do an exchange with the elders that are there so started the exchange the night before. The exchange went well and we changed back Saturday night and when I see my companion again he tells me that our branch president asked if I would speak on Sunday because everyone had cancelled on him. Crazy thing was that he wanted us to speak on doing the small things to strengthen our families and in turn strengthen the branch. Sound familiar? After I finished he got up and said that 4 other wards in the stake are focusing on the same thing and it was something that came from the stake presidency either. The Lord is definitely revealing to all of us in this area that its important that we do the little thing so that we can progress and do His will.

Hope you all have a great week and that you see many many miracles!
--Elder Young--

No comments:

Post a Comment