Monday, September 1, 2014

First few days in Brewster WA

Hey everybody!

Transfers went well. I got to drive a brand new Jeep Compass up to yakima and from wenatchee to brewster and it ended up being our new car. It had 15 miles on it when I got in the car on Wednesday which was pretty cool. It was a very long drive to go from hermiston to tri-cities to yakima to quincy to wenatchee to brewster and each time I had to move my luggage to a different vehicle. 

So not too long ago there was a fire that went through this area and a bunch of homes were burned down and there has been a lot of help from the church to do clean up and repair so the last transfer the Elders had been doing service pretty much every day for several hours but things have calmed down a lot and we are able to start teaching again.

I really like my new area, it's beautiful to see the mountains everyday and to be right on the river. There are a lot of good people here and I'm excited to get to know them and help them receive the blessings of the gospel. The members are really friendly and willing to help out with missionary work. It will be good to get them involved with the people we are working with to get the work really moving here. I'm still trying to get to know the area so next week I'll probably have some good things to report about the area and the investigators.

So our companionship is really interesting. There are 4 of us in a double wide trailer which is a pretty good setup for us and my companion (Elder Fraser) and I are responsible for the stuff in Brewster and the other 2 elders (Elder Rosero and Elder Lee) are responsible for the stuff in Twisp and Pateros but we all just go where the work is so that we aren't wasting time and miles. Everything here is really spread out and the towns are pretty small so things kind of go at a slower pace which is pretty relaxing. I took a couple of pictures as we were driving from Quincy to Wenatchee. It was a long but beautiful drive. We didn't get home until 8:45PM so we were both very bum sore from riding in the car all day long.

Have a great week everyone! Hope to hear from you soon!

--Elder Young--

No comments:

Post a Comment