Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Temple pday this week

Hey everyone!

Hope you are all having a great week. I haven't heard from a lot of you in a little while. Hope to hear from you soon!

This week was pretty good. We got some really good training from our mission president and his assistants about how the Lord wants his culture to be among the missionaries and then afterwards about weekly planning. Instead of just doing some superficial planning like we have been doing, preach my gospel teaches about planning with more detail the whole week and then the daily planning is focused more on what you are going to teach the next day. It took about 7 hours to do it but it has really helped us to stay focused on the investigators throughout the whole day. I know it will help me throughout the rest of my life to be a better planner. It's kind of funny because a few months ago I had prayed to have better planning skills and then we got this training. I know the Lord answers prayers in his own timing and in his own way.

The Lord has also blessed us with someone pretty awesome to teach now. She is an older lady that was a single mom for most of her kids life. We found her while she was watering her flowers and we were walking by trying to talk with everyone that we saw. We asked her if we could come back another day and talk with her and about a week went by before we had another chance to talk with her again. Long story short we have taught a few times, she has been to the english classes 2 times and is coming again today. She has read a little bit from the Book of Mormon and when she prayed last night she asked about knowing if its true. It is a huge blessing to find someone that is willing to act and that listens very well. We hope to see many miracles to come from teaching her.

This morning during my study I decided to do an activity from preach my gospel about writing down the specific blessings promised in the scriptures for the commandments. It really helped me realize that a lot of blessings come just because of our obedience to the commandments and then even more blessings come when those actions become a part of us.

I hope you all have a great week and that you see many blessings from putting the commandments to the test in your life. 

--Elder Young--

No comments:

Post a Comment