Monday, July 28, 2014

BAPTISM!!!!

Hey everybody!

Hope you all had a great week like we did!

This week was really good. We stayed pretty busy even though we had a baptism on Saturday. The baptism went great. She was as giddy as a little kid and the members loved the baptism as well. We watched Because of Him as part of the time that we were waiting for them to get back and the members loved it. That video always brings the spirit really strongly and at a baptism it was even more so. After the baptism though the weekend seemed to be a very humbling time as we met a few members that had fallen away and met people whose lives were not going very well. There is plenty of work here in Umatilla and it makes me excited to be serving here.

So part of my studies I restarted the Book of Mormon with a fresh copy and I've been marking everything that stands out to me and something that I noticed as I was reading about Nephi being told to kill Laban was that the Spirit will slowly reveal the why behind the commandments as we continually ponder them. Each time the spirit spoke, Nephi was told a little more after he had pondered about the things the Spirit had told him. I love the Book of Mormon because it teaches truth so clearly and so simply.

Hope you all have a great one!

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment