Monday, July 14, 2014

Transfer calls already

Hey everybody!!

Saturday we got our transfer calls and guess what, I'm getting transferred again. However, this time I'm getting doubled into Umatilla Oregon. Sisters have been in that area for about a year and for some reason they decided to put Elders back in there. My new companion's name is Elder Gleed. He is from Federal Way Washington which is around Seattle area. I'm excited to serve with him and to go back to Oregon for a while. About this time last year I was in Hermiston which is in the same stake. We had interviews just before they did transfer planning and President asked if there was work enough for me to stay and I said yes but then in transfer calls I find out I'm leaving but thats ok. It'll be an adventure, or a lot of adventures as we try to figure out what to do.

This week was really good for teaching. As we followed up with our investigators about their reading the Book of Mormon we found out that a good number of our investigators have been reading and understanding what they read. It's always a miracle when we find out that someone has been reading understanding the restoration a little better on their own just by reading from the Book of Mormon. The Lord has been pouring out miracles on this area even though we didn't have a baptism this transfer. There has been real progress as we have been finding new investigators and really trying to help them to keep their commitments to read from the Book of Mormon and to come to Christ. We just have to be diligent in doing the things the Lord needs us to do.

So this week I've finished the Book of Mormon a couple of times (1 in english and 1 in spanish, i have been working on it for a couple of months) and I just love to imagine how the prophets felt as they were writing their last words and dealing with different challenges. We have also been listening to talks from John Bytheway and other speakers and it helps to shed light on things that I haven't really thought of before. I love the scriptures and I know that they are the road map to life and we are happiest when we are studying diligently because we are acting in faith that we will get answers and we have the spirit. I LOVE the gospel!

Have a great week! Love you all!

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment