Monday, March 17, 2014

Fast week in Pasco

Hello everyone!

I hope you all have had a great week!

This week was pretty good. The time seemed to pass by super fast this week and I can't believe that I'm writing another letter already. We have someone on date for the 28th and we are super excited for him. He is 13 and hasn't missed a sunday pretty much the whole time that I have been in pasco. He is setting an amazing example for his family and hopefully the rest of his family will follow soon after. A referral that we got a while ago is starting to show some really good potential. He is progressing slowly but there is always some progress each week. It seems like he had a hard past and is wanting to change his life and become a better father. It is amazing to see the spirit work with people to help them change.

So this week I have felt really blessed by the setting apart blessing that my stake president gave me when he talked about my health. The stomach flu has been going around lately and there are a couple of elders that are staying with us right now and they both got it over the weekend but fortunately neither me or my companion got it. It is the worst thing to be sick on the mission.

Something that I have enjoyed as I have been reading the Book of Mormon lately is all the things I notice about missionary work. The prophets in the BoM were great missionaries and their success didn't come until after a great trial of their faith. It has just been a lesson for me to keep working hard and the Lord will give us success.

I hope you all have a great week and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment