Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July and the Rest of the Week

Hello everybody!

Things are going great here in the Washington Kennewick Mission!

We got to meet our new mission president and his wife. They are inspired people and I'm excited to learn from them and the great spirit they have.

So for the 4th it was really hard to find anyone at home or willing to let us in because they were enjoying their holiday but it was still a decent day. We had to be home by 7 and then do our weekly planning. We got finished early so we played some pool out in the garage. I got beat pretty bad each game but it was still pretty fun. We also watched the fireworks from the front lawn. The city lights them off from the Butte so it was pretty easy to see them. It was kind of like watch a chinese movie where what you see doesn't match up with the sound.

Something pretty cool that I learned this week was during sunday school. We looked at Matthew 5:48 and 3 Nephi 12:48. These scriptures are talking about being perfect but there is a difference that is pretty neat but I'm not going to spoil it. You will have to look up it and figure it out.

The weather was horrible at the beginning of this week. It was about 107 on tuesday and then it dropped into the 90s for the rest of the week so it was pretty good.

The time is going by so fast and faster by the day. It's hard to believe I have been in Hermiston for 3 weeks and on my mission for 6 months. I guess time flys when you are have fun.

I want you all to know that I know the church is true and it is only through Jesus Christ that we are able to return to live with God again and with our families forever. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet and that Jesus Christ restored his true church through him. I know President Monson is a prophet today and he leads and guides the church according to the revelation he receives from God and Jesus Christ. I know the Atonement is a powerful thing and covers much more than we can really comprehend right now. I am so grateful to my Savior for the sacrifice he made for me and for each one of us. I know these things because the spirit has testified them to me.

Have a great week!

Elder Young



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment