Monday, November 11, 2013

Moses Lake

Hey everybody

This week was pretty good. It took a long time to get from hermiston to moses lake on transfer day. We left at 12 and then had a meeting in kennewick for an hour and then went to yakima for about an hour and then quince and then to mose lake and each time we had to move our bags from trailer to trailer. It was pretty fun getting to know more missionaries. So on the way from quince to moses lake our zone leaders got a phone call from the assistants telling them who the new district leaders were and I got chosen. Our district is our companionship and 2 sets of sister missionaries. I'm a sistrict leader or relief society president, however you want to call it. We all attend the same branch as well.

Church was really interesting. It was about half english and half spanish which was really weird but it was nice not having to translate. The branch president is really excited about the work and is really supportive of the members doing member missionary work. It will be really awesome to be able to work with them some more.

Today was the first day that we have really seen any sun since I got here and we have spent most of the time inside. We went to a gymnastics gym and played around there for a couple of hours which was really fun but now I'm really sore and will be even more tomorrow. We live in an apartment with another set of Elders so we have to do our laundry at a laundromat which just brings back memories of living in Lawrence in the tiny apartments.

I like my area so far. I'm still unsure of which way is north so that makes it hard for me to know where anything is. There is a lot of work to do here, we just need to find it. We have a few investigators and hopefully we will be able to find more and the ward will find some as well. I'm sure I will have more to say as we go through this week.

Hope you all have a great week!

Elder Young

No comments:

Post a Comment