Monday, February 3, 2014

First Few Days in Pasco West!

Hello everyone!

I hope you all have had a great week!

It snowed the morning of transfers in Moses Lake and then there was nothing here in Pasco. I have been wanting to see some snow for a long time and I did for a few hours but I guess I'm not allowed to enjoy the snow for very long.

So my new companions name is Elder Ribeiro. He is from Brazil and is learning english and spanish at the same time. He speaks both pretty good but there are times when we don't understand each other. I'm no longer the district leader. My former companion Elder Hall is now the district leader for the spanish missionaries in Pasco. So our area covers a part of east pasco, all of west pasco and then Richland. There isn't much spanish work in Richland so we just go there if we get referrals. We also share our area with a set of sister missionaries.

So teaching this week was pretty good. We found a couple new investigators and taught several lessons. Pasco is a good area but its big and going to take a little time to get to know the area. I know there are lots of people out there that have been prepared to receive the gospel. We just have to go out there and find them.

One of the lessons that we had with a potential investigator taught me about the importance of just listening to the people. When we first walked up to him (he was outside playing with his kid) he just told us that he was catholic and wasn't really interested but as we just talked with him, he opened up to us and was telling us about how he is trying to be a better father and spend more time with his kids and then as we were about to leave he told us that he would talk to his wife about learning more about the gospel and that he would read the pamphlets we left with him. We are hoping we will be able to teach him and his family later on this week.

Hope you all have a great week and I hope to hear from all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment