Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Thanksgiving and Little More

Since its been a few weeks I figured I might as well write another post and I guess some stuff has happened for me to write about.

My papers finally got finished and I had my interview with the stake president. Now all I have to do is wait for my call to come in the mail. I'm hoping it will be here in the next week or two. I'm both excited and nervous to find out where I have been called to serve. It has been kind of fun speculating about where I'll go and what it be like. Countries in South America have been guessed a lot but there is always the possibility I will be sent to some oddball place that no one saw coming. However, I know where ever I am called is where I'm supposed to serve.

Thanksgiving was both an interesting time and a fun time. Though we didn't have the whole family over, we still had a full house with some family, the elders and a family from the ward. The dinner was really tasty with turkey, mashed potatoes, frog eye salad, rolls, Nauvoo sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie and a few other things that I forgot. This year was the first time in a long while that the turkey wasn't bone dry but was moist and delicious.

After we ate our fill, we sat around the living room, chatting for a few hours. It was fun to hear all the stories that were told. Some were funny, some were embarrassing but it was all in good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment